Help with pain and pain medication User Group
Talwin Nx
About This Group:

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

Founded by sandiemas623 on August 19, 2011
79 members

Talwin Nx

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Talwin Nx for pain relief.  I have never heard of this before and I am unsure about trying this one.  I have mod/severe spinal pain caused by s-curve scoliosis and multiple levels of disc protusion, along with minor foraminal narrowing. Thank you.
At one time, Talwin NX was one of the most prescribed pain medications in the US.  They actually added the NX as at one point, it was a huge street drug being ground and injected----  it was called the poor man's heroine.  Once the NX was added, it was unable to be used in that way (just to get high) and the drug continued to be heavily prescribed for pain.  

From my understanding it is a good analgesic and should work well for your pain as it is for Moderate to Severe (there is another drug in the same class as talwin nx called talecen for more mild pain).  

I've wondered why this drug isn't used more now as it is generic (less expensive) and doesn't have the street value things like hydrocodone or oxycodone have.  

anyway, let us know how you handle the medication and if it works for your pain.  Lots of luck to you dear.  
Wow, this is great news!  Thank you so much for the information.  Not only am I excited about the pain relief but also about the fact that it is not a drug of abuse.  Perhaps this will help lift some of the anxiety I have about taking medication to have a better quality of life.  Like many others I am sure...I can not even count how many times I have been told I am too young to have the pain that I do (37yo btw)
I am hoping it helps.  I do want to clarify though.  It IS a narcotic.  You can become addicted to it as you can other medications of its kind.  However, what is different is that it can not be diverted as it once could be.  Meaning, people would use it inappropriately (not for pain but to get high) and taking it other ways (snorting, injecting, smoking).  It was a hot street drug because it was used in this inappropriate fashion at one time so they changed it and made it not just talwin but talwin nx.  But it IS still a narcotic medication that is scheduled and controlled.  good luck dear and yes, definitely hope it gets your pain under control.  peace
IBKleen Week # picks are up..come ... Comment
IBKleen commented on IBKleen's status
Sep 14
Torster joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 10