Talwin Nx
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Talwin Nx for pain relief.  I have never heard of this before and I am unsure about trying this one.  I have mod/severe spinal pain caused by s-curve scoliosis and multiple levels of disc protusion, along with minor foraminal narrowing. Thank you.
At one time, Talwin NX was one of the most prescribed pain medications in the US.  They actually added the NX as at one point, it was a huge street drug being ground and injected----  it was called the poor man's heroine.  Once the NX was added, it was unable to be used in that way (just to get high) and the drug continued to be heavily prescribed for pain.  

From my understanding it is a good analgesic and should work well for your pain as it is for Moderate to Severe (there is another drug in the same class as talwin nx called talecen for more mild pain).  

I've wondered why this drug isn't used more now as it is generic (less expensive) and doesn't have the street value things like hydrocodone or oxycodone have.  

anyway, let us know how you handle the medication and if it works for your pain.  Lots of luck to you dear.  
Wow, this is great news!  Thank you so much for the information.  Not only am I excited about the pain relief but also about the fact that it is not a drug of abuse.  Perhaps this will help lift some of the anxiety I have about taking medication to have a better quality of life.  Like many others I am sure...I can not even count how many times I have been told I am too young to have the pain that I do (37yo btw)
I am hoping it helps.  I do want to clarify though.  It IS a narcotic.  You can become addicted to it as you can other medications of its kind.  However, what is different is that it can not be diverted as it once could be.  Meaning, people would use it inappropriately (not for pain but to get high) and taking it other ways (snorting, injecting, smoking).  It was a hot street drug because it was used in this inappropriate fashion at one time so they changed it and made it not just talwin but talwin nx.  But it IS still a narcotic medication that is scheduled and controlled.  good luck dear and yes, definitely hope it gets your pain under control.  peace
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Irmill68 Tired of living in pain and... Comment
Feb 05
Irmill68 joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 05
crazeedoglady commented on OMG!!! I AM GOING TO ...
Feb 04