Help with pain and pain medication User Group
i know how you feel
About This Group:

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

Founded by sandiemas623 on August 19, 2011
77 members

i know how you feel

not really a question just wanted to let you know you are not alone i have had 6 previous surgeries from discectomies  leading up to spinal fusion of L4 L5 S1 coming in oct i am so sick of being in pain i am currently seeing a pain management doc and looking at my mri he put me on oxycontin 40mg 2x daily fentynal pain patch once a day cymbalta and nuerontin and i am still miserable a little more mobile but still miserable so you are not alone if you would like to talk it does help to vent to somebody who knows what you are going through feel free to message me good luck
Tags: know
IBKleen commented on dominosarah's status
IBKleen commented on my love
IBKleen commented on Sonrissa's status
Jul 08