Anal leakage and irritation driving me nuts.
5 months ago I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid removed and afterward experienced mild leakage from my anus. This is typically accompanied by irritation inflammation of the perineum and anus. I've seen my doctor and a local gastroenterologist multiple times and they both tell me that everything looks fine. The gastro doc said I might have a small internal hemorrhoid after a digital examination but that it was too small to do anything about. Every time I feel like I'm getting better it seems to flare up again and beat me back down. Now, admittedly I'm having more good days than bad but this has lasted so long that it’s really getting annoying. Some days I’ll have no leakage and only very mild irritation and other days I’ll find some leakage every time I use the bathroom. I’ve had IBS type symptoms for years which is helped by fiber supplements and that I’ve learned to live with but the leakage and irritation are really interfering with my life. Is finding a streak of brown on the toilet paper prior to a bowel movement normal and I’m making too much of this? Or could something else be wrong?

For a little background I’m an active, 32 year old male. I’m used to running, cycling, hiking and working out so the fact that every time I try something like that and end up sore for the next few days is driving me crazy. I’ve had almost no cardio all winter. Can anybody help?