Hemorrhoids Community
Bleeding Internal Hemorrhoid
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding Internal Hemorrhoid

Last January 2011 I experienced some episode of streak of blood on my stool. Its a bright red blood on the surface of my stool. (I did not felt any pain during defacation). Due to that happening, I went to a Gastroentorologist, then he scheduled me for a flexible sigmoidoscopy (THE SCOPE REACHED UNTIL MY SPLENIC FLEXURE) to check the reason why I'm bleeding. Then after the procedure, he told me that I got a grade 1 internal hemorrhoid and he did not found any polyp or inflammation on my intestine. Then he just asked me to take Faktu suppository for 5
days (1 in morning and 1 in the evening). After the medication, the symptoms was gone. But around this August 2011, I saw again a streak of blood on my stool (bright red).

Then my question is:
1. Does my internal hemorrhoid got inflammed again that is why I'm bleeding again?
2. Is there a need for me to undergo again a flexible sigmoidoscopy?
3. Do I need to take again Faktu Suppository?

I'm 27 yrs old. Non-smoker, non-drinker. 3x/week I go to the gym (i do weightlifting and cardio), No abdominal, no cramping. Thanks