Blood Separate From Stool
What does it mean when you bleed a lot after you poop? Following that, I had a very bad stomach ache in my upper abdomen. Could these be related? Could it be something other than hemorrhoids?
There was not blood in my stool at all, just in the bowl and on the toilet paper.
Hi!
If blood falls after stool, it is usually an indication of hemorrhoid. Hence you need to consult a doctor to rule this out. Most doctors can diagnose hemorrhoids by clinical examination of the anal opening or by proctoscopy (inserting a proctoscope, an instrument to visualize the anal mucosa better). There are hemorrhoidal creams available in the market which you can apply. Sit in a tub of warm water for 10 mins at least twice a day. Increase fiber in your diet. Eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, oats, porridge etc. Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In addition you can try bulk stool softener such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel).
The pain in abdomen can be due to gas and constipation. The two can be related as gas and constipation can precipitate hemorrhoids. Take care!