HEMORRHOIDS
COMMUNITY
Can hemorrhoid cause a swollen groin lymph node?
by ashabee22, Feb 14, 2013
I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin and a few days ago I had severe itching around my anus so I looked in the mirror and saw an enlargement of the skin from my anus to the top of my taint. It was like a hard lump but also had a blister looking thing towards the top of my taint with white spots that looked like pus a little. I've been taking warm baths And the itching and most of the swelling has gone down but now I have a swollen lymph node in my groin. Is the swollen lymph node related to this hemorrhoid ?
Member Comments (4)
by Life360Blank, Feb 15, 2013
Hi and sorry the late reply. I dont believe they are related. Hemmerroids are a balloned out peice of tissue in the anus and nodes are a filer for infection. Ive never heard of a hemorrid getting infected but i guess it could. If your worried best to see a doctor esp if you have a swollen node in that area. Proably nothing but best to have it checked out
Let us know how your doing.
dave
by ashabee22, Feb 15, 2013
Thank u. Does it sound like it is a hemorrhoid or could it be a herpes outbreak? I do have hsv 2 but I don't think I've ever had an outbreak. Maybe my stress caused it.. But it looked more like a swollen long lump of skin from my anus to the top of my perineum and at the top there was a blister looking thing with white spots and I think that's what was really itchy. Maybe I had both at the same time :O
by Life360Blank, Feb 18, 2013
Well the itching is a hemorrhoid symptom if that helps.
by Fly5, Feb 03, 2014
I've had the same thing happen to me for the last 10 years and no doctor can figure out why I get a hemorrhoid's and swollen lymph nodes in my groin (both sides) at the same time and they go away at the same time.  Sometimes I feel like I have burning in my uppers lungs as well.  Someone mentioned it might be due to pelvic sluggishness.  You might try acupuncture to move the energy in your abdomen.