Hemorrhoids Community
Can hemorrhoids cause a cut in perineum region?
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can hemorrhoids cause a cut in perineum region?

Female, 22 years old.

For the past month I've been experiencing rectal discharge and itching due to an internal hemorrhoid, and have been taking Proctofoam rectally (anti-steroid medication) for about 10 days. While in the shower today, I felt sudden soreness as I was washing my genitals. When I used a mirror, I noticed a large cut about 1 inch long on the upper right side of my perineum, below my vaginal opening. It's been almost three months since my last sexual encounter.  Can the cut be caused by the hemorrhoid medication? Any treatment tips besides Metamucil? My entire perineum/perianal region has been red/irritated for about a month now..