Hemorrhoids Community
Do I Have A Fistula,Anal Fissure or Hemorroid?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

I've had a stinging feeling up inside my anus for a month. It stings so bad to have a bowel movement also.
I used to get blood striped stool at one time that lead me to feel I had an anal fissure but this stinging is now bothering me when I sit and stand in one spot. It's driving me insane. All this started from having to many bowel movements due to cipro antibiotic I was on months ago. Since then the fissure healed so slowly. I used to get a buring sensation but now it's non stop stinging only a 1/2 inch inside the rectum.
I've done a self exam and have felt a few tiny bumps inside of anal verge. The stinging is slightly further up to the left.
I eat really healthy and do exercise but I have to wait 2 more weeks to see a doctor. Ughh
The pain is a stinging/ripping pain when I have a bm.Thanks
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The stinging can be due to anal mucosa getting stripped or damaged or bruised due to repeated bowel movements. I can understand your concern, but it is really difficult to give a confirmed diagnosis. If you feel lumps/tags, then they can be hemorrhoids or piles. However, they can also be anal warts, which is a STD.
The stinging can be due to fissures or due to infection. It could also be due to an abscess. Infected piles is another possibility. At times such a pain is due to compression of spinal nerves. Infection with herpes simplex virus can also be another cause. IBS can also cause a feeling of pressure in rectum.
I can understand your fear and embarrassment, but prolonging going to the doctor can only make things worse. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Thank You. I know it's not an STD. Never have sex in years. lol
I did a self exam and found a few small stinging and burning lumps.
They feel so much more swollen after a bowel movement. They're just inside the anal verge. I often get stripes of blood on my bm's. Sitting is so painful now. I can't wait to see my doc in a week. My bm's are like a stinging pain still.