Hemorrhoids Community
Foul Flatulence and Hemorrhoids
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Foul Flatulence and Hemorrhoids

I am an average height/weight 20 year old. Since youth, before puberty, I've had problems with hemorrhoids and anal fissures. Both of these cause the occasional bleeding from the anus and pain from hard stool. Usually these are relieved by stool softeners and fiber supplements. I also am quite flatulent. When I was a kid, it was just funny to "poof", as we called it in my family. Now, however, being a young woman, it is embarrassing to need to relieve gas so frequently, especially considering recent horrible smelling of said flatulence. Could these two issues be related? How can I help my flatulence smell less like sulfur and rotten eggs? Is there a way to reduce gas without causing bloating or hardening of the stool? Could there be some gastro-intestinal illness or infection that causes hemorrhoids, hard stools and gas?