Hemorrhoids Community
Grade 4 - Hemorrhoids
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Grade 4 - Hemorrhoids

My 70 year-old mother has had severe rectal  bleeding for years now due to Grade 4 hemorrhoids? Her iron level and hemoglobin levels are low (doctors concerned)

She had a colon resection in 2009 and had also undergone chemotherapy (in remission).
In Oct. 2011 she had a colonoscopy (2 polyps removed and biopsy came back negative).
She also has a heart condition. Every since her colon resection, she's had diarrhea when eating fruits or vegetables.  She takes 2 iron pills a day plus other pills associated with other health issues (diabetes, etc.).

Her surgeon advised her that she is not a candidate for hemorrhoidectomy (surgery) because of her heart condition.  She also suggested rubber band ligation but is skeptical that it would work.

I've read that the rubber band ligation may need to be done more than once (hemorrhoids come back).  My mother has suffered so much already that I don't want to put her through more agony.

I am very concerned about her, I don’t know what else to do.

Has anyone ever heard of removing hemorrhoids using laser ??

I truly welcome any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks in advance and for listening,  

Patty