Hemorrhoids Community
Hemorrhoids or more tests?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids or more tests?

Hello, I'm a 24 year old male in otherwise good health. Starting a little over a month ago, I noticed some bright red streaks of blood on my stool. I gave it some time, and about a week later I saw a bit more, so I made an appointment with my doctor. I went in, had a digital finger exam of my rectum, and an anoscopy which revealed an actively bleeding internal hemorrhoid, and a fissure. I've had hemorrhoid problems off and on since I was quite young, so this was not all that surprising.

The doctor did not seem concerned, prescribed me hydrocortisone suppositories and sent me on my way. It's been about a month since my appointment, and since then, I've had 4 or 5 bowel movements which had similar bright red patches on the outside of the stool. I hadn't used the suppositories I was prescribed, but I began using them earlier this week. A couple of these bowel movements were either hard and difficult to pass, or required me to strain.

My question is whether I should be concerned and seek further invasive evaluation, or if the intermittent, mild bleeding I've been seeing is most likely attributable to the previous diagnosis. I've called and talked to my doctor's office, and am expecting to talk to my doctor over the phone tomorrow, I'd just like to get some reassurance.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I would suggest you to seek a second opinion since you are not satisfied with your diagnosis. It may be possible that you have internal hemorrhoids and anal fissure .For internal hemorrhoids you may need banding or scarring of the tissue around the hemorrhoids. These treatments reduce the blood supply to the hemorrhoids so that they shrink or go away. For anal fissure a 0.2% nitroglycerin cream can reduce the pressure in the internal anal muscle and allow the fissure to heal. Use of calcium channel blockers may help healing by reducing the pressure in the internal anal sphincter. Consult a surgeon and do keep us posted on how you are doing.
Take care and kind regards!
Hi i just read ur coments on ur situation n csn ckearly relate to this as mypartner has the same problem n given the same treatments over n over n over agsin n asked for the operation but was n has been denied it n is awaiting an excamination appiontment. But as yet has not had one ive advised him to complain to the parlimentry n health ombudsman millbank tower millbank london sw1p 4 q y ok as the dr didnt seem very concerned or intearested in just how much he has n is suffering ir understood his psin n discomfort at. All so id advise u to write to these prople n the head of ur surgery gp n complain. Clearly enough of n about ur situation ect.     N keep on comaining untill they listen to u n sort it out n do something of n sbout it for u to the piont were u get the operation that it dounds like to me that u do urgently need a s a p good luck n please if its ok fo let me now how u get on but do write to the ombudsman addresse that ive given u n tell them everything n of n about all ur answers comments from ur dr n everything eles ok good luck once sgain n i hope u get ur much neede operation ok
Could i please have a respones n reply to my conditions n situation a s a p please by a provesionall