Hemorrhoids Community
Hemorrhoids?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids?

For the past around 11 days i have had discomfort around my anus, especially while sitting.  It feels like burning, itching (just slightly and not often at all), some pressure, feels irritated.  Not really painful when having a bowel movement, no blood ever and it doesn't hurt to wipe, but it feels better for a little while after wiping the area.  Also when i put just normal Jergens cream there it helps for a little while as well...also having like stabbing pains in my cheeks close to the anus and sometimes down the back of my thigh.  I have looked and i can't seem to see anything...does this sound like hemorrhoids?..or some kind of STD? (last sexual encounter was about 10 months ago, and it was unprotected.)...Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Yes,  you have hemorrhoids, not any STD.  Hemorrhoids come from straining, vascular tissue swells, and when dry waste goes by them, it hurts.  And the pain in  your backside and upper legs is probably from the muscles being pushed so hard.  Also, hems are not always visible when you look, they can be small and not swell until waste is passed or they can be inside.  To prevent them from forming, get enough fiber in your diet, to include oat cereal, whole wheat bread, vegies and salads, and sometimes spagetti helps.

Your idea of lotion was a good one.  I'll tell you an even better one.  Get some PLAIN KY jelly at the drugstore, and right after you shower, put some all around the area, and you can reapply if you go sometime after that.  It'll protect you all day, for the most part.
Thank you very much for your response!..it came outta nowhere, so i got a little anxious! Thanks again, have a good day!
I too have hems. I find that vaseline or commonly known as petroleum jelly, really soothes them. As well as warm baths, and sometimes it helps to use hydrocortisome cream to keep the itching under control. Also hem ointment not the cream, helps. It has petroleum jelly in it. If u cant take a warm bath,  a warm wet cloth will help. Just dont over wipe. It will aggravate them
I had hemorrhoids and they are painful.  I took a supplement called Hemeez and it gave me fast relief, and it's all natural.  It was so easy to take and much better than wiping a cream on my bum! I would suggest trying Hemeez to address your hemorrhoids.  Good luck to you!