Hemorrhoids Community
Hemorrhoids?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids?

Well, I'm 15 and I've been constipated for a while. About a week ago, I noticed some blood on the toilet paper after I wiped. I think it's happened at least three times now. Is it just because I'm constipated or could it be something else?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there!
Blood on toilet paper could be due to several possibilities. Constipation may cause blood in toilet paper occasionally but it is common in children. The most common causes of blood in stools are hemorrhoids and anal fissure that cause tearing in the lining of the anus due to forceful bowel movement .Intestinal infections like ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulosis, Crohn’s disease are few other possible causes. It is best to seek medical help and get yourself examinaed.A rectal examination and tests like flexible sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy may be needed. Do keep us posted.
Best wishes!