Hemorrhoids Community
Hemorrhoids
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hemorrhoids

Hello,

do you know if second degree internal hemorrhoids can give a positive FOB test if you do not have noticeable blood.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Sorry the late reply. The FOB test detects colon cancer and would have nothing to do with a hemorrhoid.
Blank
10836820_tn?1416186988
Faecal Occult Blood Test is used to detect invisible blood in a bowel motion. This used help determine if a person has polyps and bowel cancers.

This test has nothing to do with your 2nd degree internal hemorrhoids.
Blank
Yes, Hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) can cause positive FOB tests. The test is used to detect blood. I just took one of these tests and it says "DO NOT TAKE WHILE YOU ARE EXPERIENCING BLEEDING FROM HEMMOROIDS (hemorrhoids) OR ARE MESTRUATING"

The test does NOT detect cancer. Only blood!
Blank
Hi, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and woke up a few days ago with a painful hemorrhoid! My OB says its probably from the pressure of the baby dropping but I'm scared to go to the ER since I've heard how painful getting the clots cut out can be afterwards... It's thrombosed but I'm wondering since I morning on lovanox 140mg blood thinners due to a clot early in my pregnancy will that cause the clot to dissolve on its own if I can deal with this pain?! Please help, I can't sit, sleep, it's soooo painful!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hemorrhoids Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...