Hemorrhoids Community
Hemorroid while on blood thinners
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hemorroid while on blood thinners

My husband found a small bump near his anus - he wasn't sure what it was so he squeezed it. He was unaware at the time it was a hemorrhoid.t didn't burst or anything but now it's gotten larger and hard. I've seen pictures online and it looks just like an external thromboses hemorrhoid, but the lump is not discolored at all. It isn't causing him any pain or discomfort - which I find somewhat strange. I know hemorrhoids aren't a big deal, but he has lupus anticoagulant, so he has been on Warfarin for six years. So I'm wondering if being on blood thinners makes hemorrhoids more dangerous.
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Being on blood thinners does not make hemorrhoids dangerous. But since they were squeezed, the capillaries would have burst, and since he is on blood thinners, the blood would have flowed out freely, causing large blood collection in the hemorrhoid. Thus it appears big. Though not dangerous, hemorrhoids do need treatment. Also since you have not been to a doctor, there is no way to confirm that they are hemorrhoids. The lumps can be a skin mass, a polyp, a rectal mucosal hernia, or even a cancerous growth. So please get proper evaluation. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hemorrhoids Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...