Hemorrhoids Community
How long is this gonna last?..

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

How long is this gonna last?..

I got a hemmoriod last wednesday.. Now it's beelind. I've been using tucks everytime I.go.to the bathroom and it's gotten smaller but started bleeding yesterday.. How long will it last?
Btw, i've never had one before so it kinda freaks me out.
Hi and welcome. Once you get one it can be a life long issue. Nothing serious, just something youll have to deal with. Once the tissue is weakend, it cant be repaired. There are options but no real solutions.
Seriously?.. It's so embarassing, and it gets really uncomfortable while i'm at work.cause i'm standing the whole time. This ***** :(
What you have is a tissue section that blood/air has been forced into from many different causes from diet to straining to even lifting. This balloned tissues is now at risk for balloning again. If they hurt when you standing, they might have some blood in them now. Normally they wont hurt unless there is blood pressure.
the best way to control them is to not strain during #2 and try not to consume gas causing food or drinks as gas can make them swell up again.
When they do swell up try to get a cream from your doctor that contains 2.5% cortizone cream. It will help relieve the pressure by thinning the balloned skin making poping eaiser. And use tucks wipes. The pain is from the pressure.
Yeah, ive done some research on them. I''ve been waiting til last second until I have to go #2 so I don't have to strain. I got a second one for no reason, i've actually been having some pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) so I wonder if thats whats going on, I know they happen alot in pregnancy. I had a faint positive test last week but then a negetive test acouple days later so I guess I should probably be making a doctors appointment either way. Thanks for your help.
I have one, too. Mine was extremely painful. I noticed it when it was small and painless and thought it wasn't anything to worry about. Almost a month later, I'm crying trying to pass a bowel movement and end up so scared I constipate myself because I don't want to feel the pain anymore. I finally went to a doctor for the constipation and he gives me a laxative, stool softener, and foam medication to help my hemorrhoid. I think it's best you figure out what kind it is. If it's bleeding you more than likely have internal hemorrhoids. If the one you have is a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid (like mine) it can very easily be a HUGE problem fairly quickly. You should really visit a doctor just to know what's really going on back there. In the mean time, Keep them small and if it is, in fact, prolapsed try pushing it back in. It may also be a good idea to invest in a stool softener and avoid laxatives at all costs. Laxatives make you have to go and cause your sphincter muscles and intestines to sort of convulse until everything comes out, causing you hemorrhoids to worsen from unnecessary straining. Good luck.
It's gotten alot better. I could feel it when I got it, it was the size of a small marbel, it's not bleeding anymore and it doesnt hurt, it gets alittle itchy but thats it. I've been using tucks wipes everytime I go to the bathroom, even if it's just peeing. I soak in the tub for 20 minutes everymorning and i've been drinking lots and lots of water. And I wait til I pretty much almost poo myself before I go to the bathroom cause i'm scared i'll get another one haha. Mine never really hurt all that bad just was really uncomfortable and embarassing. I don't have health insurense so I couldnt afford to get checked out by a doctor.
And it was definatly external! I would have been freaking out if it was inside. I wouldnt have any idea what it was.
With my health insurance, I have to get a referal feom my PCP before I can see another soctor and have it covered. With me being a college student living about 5 hours from home, I couldn't necessarily do that. I went in through the ER because it was so painful and uncomfortable. You could do that if it ever gets worse. Mine is much better, too. I forgot it was there for a little while.
Also, internal hemmorhoids don't hurt an people usually do not realizethey are there until they start bleeding or becone prolapsed.
Some people may suggest you use witch hazel to help itching, abd if you do, Congratulations. I tried that the other day and it stung! I'm still looking for help with the itching.