I have a hemmorhoid problem
I take many meds for epilepsy, anger and anxiety problems, mild depression, vitamin supplement, calcium and vitamin d3 supplement and migraine medicine but the problem is many of those meds cause constipation and to counter act that I take fiber lax, miralax, and colace to keep my stools soft to no avail and as a result I have recently had a hemmorhoid stapling surgery and the hemmorhoids seem to be coming back I have tried increasing my fiber, drinking more water and nothing seems to be working my doctor even told me to use bag balm in that area to make bowel movements a little less painful nothing is working I even take sitzbaths so what else can I do to keep the hemmorhoids away?
Hi!
The only solution that will give long term benefit is to keep constipation away. Hence talk to your doctors about a change in prescription or a dose adjustment. Apart from medications, chronic constipation can be due to dehydration, diabetes, hypothyroidism, colon disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular diseases, cancers, severe acidity etc. It can also be due to milk allergy and other food allergies. Hence these possibilities too need to be ruled out.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!