Hemorrhoids Community
Is it Hemorrhoids?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Is it Hemorrhoids?

I have had hemorrhoids for 29 years. Occasionally, I have felt them internally as high up as to the tip of the coccyx, and on the left side of my buttock. For well over a month, I have had a continuing experience of a large lump or hemorrhoid, internally on the left side. Usually when I have this type of experience, it is of short duration, and often would come and go. It sometimes shift, but never have I ever had it to last this long without a break. However, I am wondering if this is hemorrhoids or could it be something else. Thank you.
Hi!
Without examining the lump, it is difficult to comment what it is. Here is a list of possibilities of what it could be. The lump could be a prolapsed hemorrhoid, a skin tag, a benign rectal tumor, a rectal polyp, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma. A polyp can appear to come and go since it is mobile and has a stalk or pedicle. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis.
Take care!