Is it Hemorrhoids?
I have had hemorrhoids for 29 years. Occasionally, I have felt them internally as high up as to the tip of the coccyx, and on the left side of my buttock. For well over a month, I have had a continuing experience of a large lump or hemorrhoid, internally on the left side. Usually when I have this type of experience, it is of short duration, and often would come and go. It sometimes shift, but never have I ever had it to last this long without a break. However, I am wondering if this is hemorrhoids or could it be something else. Thank you.
Hi!
Without examining the lump, it is difficult to comment what it is. Here is a list of possibilities of what it could be. The lump could be a prolapsed hemorrhoid, a skin tag, a benign rectal tumor, a rectal polyp, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma. A polyp can appear to come and go since it is mobile and has a stalk or pedicle. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis.
Take care!