Hemorrhoids Community
Is it normal for a hemorrhoid to not go away

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Is it normal to have a hemmhroid that doesn't heal because of constipation? I am worried I might have a tumor. It sounds weird but sometimes I feel like something is sticking out of my bum a little so I look and a small lump is there just outside of it. If I look later or the next day, then it's gone. Is that what hemmhorids do? It's been there about a month at least. I'm just worried its worse then a hemorrhoid.
Hi!
Yes, internal hemorrhoids can appear on the outside if you strain too much at stool and then go back inside on their own. With time these hemorrhoids become bigger and may fail to go back. This can happen if constipation and straining at stool persist. Therefore you must take good care of your diet and eat plenty of fibers from fresh fruits, vegetables, oats, porridge, whole grains etc. You must also drink water in plenty. If constipation persists you must consult a doctor for proper treatment.
However, all this is true only if the lump is a hemorrhoid. Anal lumps can be a skin tag or a genital wart too. So, do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.