Hemorrhoids Community
Laser treatment in Canada - does it exist?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Hi all,

Could someone tell me if laser hemorrhoidectomy's are performed in Canada? So far I can ony find a clinic in Arizona and Florida, but that is very far to travel. It would be great if I could find something in Toronto. I have grade 3 external hems, and I am doing everything I can to avoid the traditional hemorrhoidectomy and go with a less-invasive approach (infrared coagulation or laser treatment). Apparently banding is much less painful but it is only for grade 1 and 2 hems. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi!
You could ask your family doctor for a referral to a doctor or hospital in Toronto. Even the surgeon who is performing traditional surgery can give a reference. You could also ask your friends, pharmacists in the area. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.