Hemorrhoids Community
Painless haemorrhoids for years - thinking of banding for aesthetic rea...

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Painless haemorrhoids for years - thinking of banding for aesthetic reasons?

Hi everyone.

I am a 29 year old male, and I have had haemorrhoids for about ten years. I have approximately three of them internally, and they are only visible if I squat down and 'push' - so for example when having a bowel movement. This is when they 'bulge' out and look like cushions around the anal opening.

Over the course of ten years, they have flared up maybe three times. This is the only time they have been painful in any way.

I am considering having them banded so that they fall off, in the hope that my anal opening won't look so ugly... I was wondering what everyone's opinion on this is?

I have read some real horror stories about banding on the internet, but it would appear that in almost all of these cases the patients were already in pain with their haemorrhoids. I guess I'm holding onto the hope that since mine are not painful at all, the banding wouldn't be as horrific as others have suggested....

What do you think?
I say do it. You need to take care of them eventually. I had them but I just took suppositories and those worked really friken well! I also put on hydrocortisone cream 2.5% on the external one. Anyways good look. You can also have them surgically removed with some laser thing I believe. You got many options do not wait!
You seem to be having internal hemorrhoids which are painless or may cause bright red blood covering the stool or may stain the clothes. Having a high fiber diet and increasing water intake would also help.  However, if the hemorrhoids are already thrombosed , resulting in bleeding, enlargement, pain, and difficulty in moving the bowels, then manual reduction will not help and  surgical excision would be the best treatment.  In the meantime, you can do hot sitz bath by sitting on a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day.  Other treatment options includes sclerotherapy, rubber band ligation, cryosurgery or Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy. Please consult a surgeon and get it evaluated.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Hi, please see my other posts to try a possible non-surgical and inexpensive solution. I'm not selling anything, you can get the supplements anywhere, give them a good four weeks, maybe do some type of before/after assessment for yourself. It would be appreciated, though, if this helps you, to let others know what worked in these forums. It's such a terrible thing to suffer from! Thanks :)