Hemorrhoids Community
Pregnancy hems

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Pregnancy hems

I am 31 weeks pregnant. Are hems regular. I got some today and bled a little. Is this normal? I freaked out and rsn some hot water in the tub and sat in it. They looked bigger and my vagina engorged.  I put peperation h which feels little better but am worried about why I bleed snd will effect my baby

Hi! Well, yes, hemorrhoids can occur for the first time during pregnancy, and the existing ones can worsen. If they have become engorged, you are doing good by sitting in warm water. Also, hemorrhoidal creams are available—but apply them only after consulting your gynecologist. The pressure of the baby cannot be avoided, but you can eat healthy, lots of fiber so that you get less of gas and constipation. Your gynecologist may want to add a stool softener. Do not sit in one place for long, as they worsen the hemorrhoids.
Take care!
I did not have hemorrhoids until I was pregnant with our first child.  During the pregnancy I had 3 thrombosed hemorrhoids.  Extremely painful.  Dr. Mathur mentioned getting plenty of fiber....this is a must.  You do not want to be constipated.  Constipation is often the cause of hems.  I am not a doctor, but I do not believe the bleeding will in any way hurt the baby.  Please contact your doctor and perhaps he/she will have some helpful advice for you.