Hemorrhoids Community
Prolapsed Internal Hemorrhoid

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Prolapsed Internal Hemorrhoid

Hi.  I'm a 35 year old male and was diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids about 10 years ago.  Last week I noticed a grape sized sack on the outside of my anal cavity.  I did some internet research and I think it is likely a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid.  I attempted to push it back, but it immediately came back out, which makes me think it is the most severe kind - stage 4.  I haven't noticed any blood and right now it is more just constant discomfort, not really too painful.

I have an appointment with a specialist in 10 days, but am nervous about what to expect so I thought I would come here to hopefully get some answers while I wait.

If it is a stage 4 prolapsed internal hemorrhoid, what are my options?  I've read about hemorrhoidectomies and they scare the crap out of me with the pain during the long recovery.  I've also heard of the staple hemorrhoidectomies and I guess they seem a little better.  What else might the doctor do?

Also, is it likely this is something other than a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid?

Hi!
If it is a stage 4 prolapsed piles, then as you know, surgery is the only option. Conventional hemorrhoidectomies are now practiced less. Staple and laser hemorrhoidectomies are more preferred. With laser surgery recovery time is considerably shortened and minimally painful. You can consult your doctor regarding this option. Take care!
Hi if my one is smaller, like size of a raisin, what stage is that? Should I get surgery for it? Most of the time I don't have it, it comes back sometimes. I ate a lot of garlic yesterday does that affect it? Usually it's not prolapsed or outside but sometimes I notice my butt hurts and I don't know why
Good luck with your condition.  It must be difficult to deal with hemorrhoids.