Hemorrhoids Community
Steep decline

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Steep decline

Within days I found that I was experiencing severe pains in my lower right side but, after being ordered to undergo a cervical and abdominal ultrasound, they found nothing. I was encouraged by a surgeon to have a colonoscopy and the procedure was done just prior to the weekend. By the following Monday, I was in tears when I called the surgeon and was experiencing severe pressure and pain in rectal area. I was ordered to the emergency room and was given blood tests, urine tests, a HIDA scan and 3 CT scans total and nothing showed anything. The surgeon insisted an exploratory lap was the only option. This was done and I stayed in the hospital for 6 days. I went home for less than 24 hours and went back after feeling pain and numbness through my right side. I was in the hospital again for three days. I was eventually sent home with a catheter for 4 days. I still had the pressure and the pain moved to just below ribs and around back. I was given antibiotics just 7 days ago but am still in severe pain and discomfort. I have been examined by a gastroenterologist, a gynocologist, ER doctors, my personal physician and the surgeon. They ruled out endomitriosis and Crohn's disease and all tests are normal with the exception of a hemmorhoid the dr said he saw during the colonoscopy but, I had never had any indications prior to that.  I went to the ER about 5 days ago and they did a transvaginal ultrasound and finally saw an ovarian cyst which accounts for the initial pain I experienced but I'm worse off now than I ever was then. I have been taking as many pain meds as I can stomach and am still sleeping  on an ice pack to try and ease the pain near my rectal area. I have used up all of my vacation and sick time at work and had to go back even though I am constantly nauseous, in pain and unable to sit down without discomfort. I was very active before this and the strain has been hard to take. I can't sleep, I can't be intimate with my husband and my quality of life is almost nonexistent. I am desperate and in tears as I write this. Can any one help me?
I am a 29 year old female with no history of medical problems. In early January, I had a suspected urinary tract infection and was given Bactrim for five days. This may or may not be relevant to the subsequent problems..