Hemorrhoids Community
Thrombosed Hemorrhoid,external or skin tag

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Hello everyone,
I have had hemorroids (hemorrhoids) for years and just treated at home. But recently I have a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid and my normal two external ones (that now I wonder are skin tags)  and am not sure what to do. I went to my doc and she gave me a prescription, but I can't say that it has helped. The meds say to use for one week. That's today with no change. Do I keep using the med and hope? Any home remedies that may help? Is my GP the best doctor to see or do I go to a specialist. They are starting to get more uncomfortable, but I don't think any bigger. I would like any suggestions and really appreciate you reading!
Hi!
If the hemorrhoids are indeed thrombosed, then medical treatment will not help much. Eat high fiber diet.  Practice good personal hygiene, keeping the anal area clean. Add a stool softener if you are constipated to be taken at bed time. There are hemorrhoidal creams available in the market which you can apply. Sit in a tub of warm water for 10 mins at least twice a day. All these will reduce the discomfort. If all these measures fail, you will need surgery—either conventional or laser. You should ideally consult a colo-rectal surgeon for this. Take care!
I had hemorrhoids and they were so painful.  I took a natural supplement called Hemeez and got great results.  Good luck to you!