Hemorrhoids Community
What do I do?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

What do I do?

Hey guys.
So I have an external hemorrhoid and I don't really know what to do about it. I've had the bump for about a week but for the past 3 weeks or so BMs have been incredibly painful and there's always quite a bit of blood on the TP. As of right now it hurts to sit, lay down, stand, walk everything. Also I've looked up cures but since I live in a dorm with a shared room and a community bathroom, and no way to get to the store to buy medicine or wipes or anything, I can't really do anything. I've been putting witch hazel on it whenever it hurts and that helps a bit, but only so much. And I don't have insurance, so I can't go to the doctors, either. Help me?
Tags: hemorrhoids, help
Hi, the pain comes from the balloned tissue is full of blood and the only way to ease the pain is for the ballon to pop and let the blood out. Since your already bleeding and still have pain, you might have another one in the area.
If you see a doctor, they can prescribe some prescription strenght 2.5% corizone cream which will help a lot. Other than that, use some Tucks wipes and applying some over the counter 1% cortizone will help. Until the area opens and lets the blood out, it will continue to be very painful.