Hemorrhoids Community
When should I be concerned?

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

When should I be concerned?

SO I developed hemorrhoids in 2007 while pregnant with my daughter.  They were AWFUL.  The doctor insisted they would clear up after.  She is 5 I still have them.  Most are internal and protrude every time I have a BM-sometimes even when I haven't.

The Dr tried tying them with rubberbands at one point and I had no reliefe.  Fast forward to Thanksgiving week:

I began having  a lot of pressure in my backside that never abates ( I am not constipated).  It boarders on pain often.  I feel the pain inside and as if there is something there that wants out.  After a BM the other day the hemorrhoids were very red and noticalble so I checked them out.  

There was one section that was very dark red and looks like there was a sore or an area that has been a sore on it.

When do I freak out and call the doctor back and get a check up?  He basically told me to call back if I had decided to do surgery only.  Its been weeks of this discomfort...I do have to say though having a BM isn't really pianful at all, and I only saw a little blood for the first time in months the other day.
Hi Sori and sorry the late reply. Ask your doctor about Proctozone-hc 2.5%.
It helps shrink them. Most doctors recommend no surgery unless extreme and yours sound kinda that way.
I used that for a long while post delivery with no results.  I ignored them forever until we tried the rubberbanding thing.  That was just uncomfortable for days but with zero results.  I guess I just have to buck up and call for the appointment to see other options.  Uggg