Hemorrhoids Community
White layer around anus.

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

White layer around anus.

Hi. My problem goes like this: i have had hemorrhoids for like a year and a half. They first started with bleeding and no pain, than it went through pain during defecation and constipation. They are external hemorrhoids. I tried to heal them with changing my diet and it worked as they don't hurt anymore, no bleeding also. But they are still there and don't go away. They're small and have become dark and what is bothering me now is itching. They itch a lot and i can't help scratching. As soon as the itching sensation starts i run to the bathroom and wash with warm water and no soap or shampoo cos i don't want to risk irritate the skin. Whenever i scratch during washing, a thin white layer, sort of creamy seems to peel off and even if i wash it away it seems to be created again in a couple of hours. Are hemorrhoids responsible for it? (to prevent themselves from getting dry and hurt) Is it mucus or what?! Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and welcome!
It is quite possible that you have internal hemorrhoids too. It is common to discharge mucus while you are passing your stools. This mucus can lead to severe skin irritation getting around the skin of the anal sphincter. When mucus dries on skin it causes severe itching. This white substance is possibly mucus. Do not scratch. By scratching the swollen delicate veins can be destroyed. It is very important that you visit the doctor and get yourself evaluated. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!