bump on perianal area
I have a pea sized (or somewhat smaller) bump on the peri-anal area (outside of the anal area) that came up about two weeks ago. It is round and somewhat hard. It doesn't hurt and I haven't noticed bleeding. I have a back problem so I sit a lot and my stools are mostly soft occasionally slightly hard to pass but not terribly difficult. I can't check the color to see if it is pigmented or dark due to the back problem. Would someone tell me what this could be? I haven't had sex in a year and when I did it was with my monogamous husband. I have only had one partner and I don't have HPV. It is not an STD (trust me on that). We eat lots of vegies and whole grains, hardly any meat. I try to drink lots of water and/or tea and I take metamucil daily. I guess the other question is can you get anal cancer other than HPV if you never had anal sex?
thanks,
mkh9
Hi! Well, yes, one can get anal cancer without anal sex. Without examining the lump, it is difficult to comment what it is. Here is a list of possibilities of what it could be. The lump could be a benign rectal tumor, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma.
Since it is pea sized, it can be a skin tumor like lipoma, neurofibroma too—both of which are harmless. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis. Take care!