skin tags around anus
I have had surgery to have some hemorrhoids and skin tags removed and after 3 days i have noticed a bad smell from the area i am really worried can anyone help ??
Hi!
A bad smell from the anal area after surgery can be indicative of infection, and this should be ruled out first. Swab tests should be done, and growth looked for on cultures. Appropriate antibiotics both local and oral should be given. Other than this you could be releasing foul smelling gas due to something you ate.
Please consult your treating doctor regarding this. Take care!
Hi thank you
I have been to my local discrict nurse who said it looks like there is no infection i told her about the smell and she said she has no idea why it is there and assured me it will probanly settle down however it has now been 9 days since my procedure and there is no signs of it settling down i am so worried it may not go away its really making me worried