The High Cost of PIs
There is a thread going on the forum now about the projected cost of Telaprevir in Europe, and how that will affect availability.  Its no that led to a discussion of healthcare systems, with comparisons of the US system and various socialized medicine systems in place overseas.  Some posts are pretty passionate and I wonder if the thread will go away if it gets too political.

I'm interested in what people think about how we can pay for PIs.  They will cost a lot and I know the manufacturer has a huge investment in the drug and only a short time to recoup the development cost so I can see why they will charge a lot.  But what is that going to mean to me?  I wonder will my insurance cover a PI and I wonder if the manufacturer will do a program for people with no insurance or insurance that won't cover it.

Any ideas?

I haven't a clue.

Mike
Wish I could go back and fix typos but no luck.  My first paragraph should say

There is a thread going on the forum now about the projected cost of Telaprevir in Europe, and how that will affect availability.  That led to a discussion of healthcare systems
I honestly don't know either but between the monthly cost + 2500.00 deductable and all the stupid little bills that come later, I would say that healthcare can take one broke here in the US.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ActingBrandNew uploaded a new photo
Jun 16
Dee1956 commented on photo
May 19
bigtim810 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 11