The High Cost of PIs
There is a thread going on the forum now about the projected cost of Telaprevir in Europe, and how that will affect availability.  Its no that led to a discussion of healthcare systems, with comparisons of the US system and various socialized medicine systems in place overseas.  Some posts are pretty passionate and I wonder if the thread will go away if it gets too political.

I'm interested in what people think about how we can pay for PIs.  They will cost a lot and I know the manufacturer has a huge investment in the drug and only a short time to recoup the development cost so I can see why they will charge a lot.  But what is that going to mean to me?  I wonder will my insurance cover a PI and I wonder if the manufacturer will do a program for people with no insurance or insurance that won't cover it.

Any ideas?

I haven't a clue.

Mike
Wish I could go back and fix typos but no luck.  My first paragraph should say

There is a thread going on the forum now about the projected cost of Telaprevir in Europe, and how that will affect availability.  That led to a discussion of healthcare systems
I honestly don't know either but between the monthly cost + 2500.00 deductable and all the stupid little bills that come later, I would say that healthcare can take one broke here in the US.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
erb06 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 17
Nancydalls joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 01
Chevel joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 03