Hepatitis A Community
Liver Enzimes Levels

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Liver Enzimes Levels

I was diagnosed with HepA on November 12th. Got tested for B and C both negative.
My billirrubin levels are back to normal.  Jaundice is gone.
My TGO & TGP were almost down to normal and suddenly they started to increase agian.
I have been doing the tests once a week and the two last ones were the ones increasing.

Could it be something more serious?
How long does it take for the enzimes go back to normal?
I'm staring to worry about chronic liver illness. Is it possible?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
The enzymes usually take time to come down to normal levels. It may sometimes take 3-6 months. Chronic persistent hepatitis can cause high levels of these enzymes. It may also indicate drug-related hepatitis, hypoxemia of the liver, milder degrees of alcohol or possibly cocaine use or an iron-overload condition known as hemochromatosis. You will have to get further investigation done such as test for hepatitis B, and E.  Also get a sonography of the abdomen done. Do keep us posted.
Best wishes!