Can I get it???
My roommate was diagnosed yesterday with Mono and Hep A.  There are 8 of us living together with 1 bathroom.  3 went on vacation and came back with the 2 diseases......How likely am I to get one or both??

Hi there!
Hepatitis A is transmitted through ingestion of food or drinks contaminated with stool from an infected person, very rarely through blood transfusions and anal or oral sex. A person is usually infectious in the early stages of incubation period and remains so after a week of developing jaundice. Infectious mononucleosis can be spread by saliva, the incubation period for mono is four to eight weeks .They are contagious from the time they first become infected with the virus. Based on this information you may be able to decide whether you are at risk for acquiring any of these two infections. Hope you find this information useful.
Good luck!
Hey Camille.. where did you guys go?? That is pretty crazy.. 2 of 8 came back with diseases??
I just came back from DR and I think I may have acquired mono or hepatitis a/b ... I'm waiting on results of blood work. My initial symptoms were swollen tonsils and my body felt hot like if I was sick but no fever. It's been about 5 weeks and I still feel fatigue and body feeling hot seems to come and go depending on how much rest and water I take in. I still have unprotected sex but the girl I was with recently got an HIV test and she came out negative. I also came out negative for everything except hsv-1 which is not much of a concern. Still waiting on tests for hep a and mono. I think I may have a pretty bad mono or hep a/b infection and it doesn't seem to be subsiding much. =/
It's very possible I may have contracted hep a from tap water in DR. I was there for 2 and a half weeks and heard DR has the highest infection rate in the world for Hep A..