Hepatitis A Community
Could i catch hepatitis from a tongue depressor
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could i catch hepatitis from a tongue depressor

Could i catch hepatitis A,B.C from a tongue depressor since the doctor didn't wear gloves? and also could i catch it from flushing a public tolite? I really have to ask qustions like this because i really don't know it may sound silly to some but thanks for answers:)
Related Discussions
Hi Liliki,
You could potentially catch Hepatitis A from a tougue depressor if the person that stuck it in your mouth had gone to the bathroom and not washed his hands. It is not likely. Did you see the doctor wash his hands when he came into the room? You get Hepatitis A from usually eating or drinking contaminated food or water where someone didn't wash their hands after defacating and then prepared food or drinks. This could easily happen in a restuarant but it is more likely in a undevelped country than in the US but it can happen. Tongue depressor should be unused and sterile or clean from this. No you can't get it from the toilet. Hep B and C are from blood and body fluids not eating. You could get Hep B and C from unprotected sex (Hep C less likely), drug use using dirty or other peoples needles (most common) and other body fluids like vaginal secretions, urine etc. If you had stuck your finger with a dirty needle that had blood on it or used someones toothbrush where they had an open sore and blood on the toothbrust. But not from touching someone or shaking hands etc. Do you have symptoms? Have you been tested for Hepatitis? Have your blood drawn and check and get your liver enzyme done too.

take care,
mkh9
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703