Hepatitis A Community
DIET????

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

DIET????

Hello everyone! I've been diagnosted with HAV and I was hoping some one could help me out on what not to eat, I know fat is out of the question and so is alcool. It would be great to have a list of "dos and don'ts".
thank you.
kiki
Avatar_dr_f_tn
In hepatitis A a patient is suffering from nausea, loss of appetite and jaundice. A strict no fat diet is recommended. Avoid oily greasy and fried foods. Having biscuit or rusk before having other foods may help to overcome nausea. Avoid foods like full cream milk,chocolate,fatty fried meats,nuts,peanut butter,cakes,pees etc.Drink plenty of water and fluids .Have small meals throughout the day and consume soups rather than large or heavy meals. Consume plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables and salads. Hope it helps.
Good luck!