Aa
A
A
Close
Diet / Treatment
Hi!

I'm 20 years old and I was resently diagnosed with Hepatitis A in a hospital here in Bolivia, where I am currently living, and I was given a diet by my doctor. I was brought up in the States and I am not so confident about the medical attention recieved here, so I am turning to you for some advice concerning my illness. My given diet included a lot of sugar, absolutely no fat at all, no vegetables unless they are cooked and no fruits during the first days of treatment. My symptoms started thirteen days ago, then I was diagnosed 9 days ago for the first time, I was told of a possible stomach infection and given a certain antibiotic, that i took for 2 days. Before the antibiotics i took other medicine for flu care such as; Paracetamol, Tylenol and another related medicine. Only about seven days ago the Doctors realized I had Hepatisis A and immediately put me on the diet mentioned above. I am concerned about the medicine I have taken since I know it can damage the liver and I am also concerned about the diet I was given since I'm losing a lot of weight (about 12 pounds since my symptoms started). I would be very greatful for any advice that you could provide me with.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources