Hepatitis A Community
Gilberd syndrom(syndrome)

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Gilberd syndrom(syndrome)

sir I have effected from Jaundice(hepatitis) 1st time in 2006 Mar .  And it cure in Aug 2006. After that i was suffered from TB i take medicine of TB RCinex - 6 month  and this medicine have complete it course in Feb 2007 .After that  Again i have effected from Hepatitis in 2008 Mar and when in this period a go near that Dr. he test my blood for S. Bilrubin and S.G.P.T/S.G.O.T my SGPT & SGOT are normal but S.Bil has 2.4 . Dr. says to me that it will not cure this case is called Gillbird Syndrom (syndrome) . And in this stage your S. Bill will some time high and low. May i suffered from All life from this case . Plz say me any medicine or treatment from  that i can cure it .

Regard  
Tags: Hepatitis
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Gilbert’s syndrome occurs due to genetic mutation in the gene for the enzyme UGT 1 A. It is a harmless condition. People with Gilbert syndrome are otherwise entirely normal with no other signs or symptoms. It is usually discovered while screening for other disorders. Fasting, destruction of red blood cells or illnesses often aggravate elevated blood bilirubin levels. The elevated bilirubin pigment can sometimes cause mild yellowing discoloration of the eyes. The liver enzyme levels remain entirely normal in this condition. There is no need for treatment and the prognosis is excellent. Hope it helps.
Take care and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Take care and regards!