HEP Itching-Diet?
I am recovering from Hep a-Its 4am and the itching is keeping me awake- I just want to know why I'm so itchy (mostly  hands and feet). First what causes it? And second  is there something I can add or remove from my diet to help stop the itchig? I'm also wondering why its not listed as a symptom of Hep a anywhere, is it an uncommon symptom?
Thanks for your time and concern
Hi there!
The commonest cause of itching in jaundice is deposition of high bile acids in the skin.This form of itching usually causes generalized itching. There are few other conditions related to hepatitis and systemic diseases which can cause itching like lichen planus, thyroiditis, Sjogren’s syndrome and cutaneous sarcoidosis etc.Other causes of itching in hands and feet can be eczema,scabies,fungal infections etc.It is best to consult your doctor and let him determine whether this itching is related to hepatitis or any other condition. Hope you find this information useful.
Good luck!