Hepatitis A Community
Had to Clean up something gross.. Hep risk?

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Thanks in advance for insights given.

I know this is likely overblown but I cant find a clear concise answer to this question elsewhere.

I manage a small business (a yoga studio) in an Urban environment. I am a very health conscious person - I do tend to worry too much about health-related stuff as Ive made health such a huge huge part of my life. There are an abundance of IV drug users in the area where my studio is located and they are quite aggressive at times (this is really not ideal from a business standpoint but I try not to judge). A day ago, I came into work to find the doorway of the studio a mess with stains on the ground (dark in color) and the door (opaque in color). I am pretty confident that I saw no sign of blood being part of the equation. It isnt clear to me if they were urine, semen, or just some jerks iced coffee but there was an "off" smell and I am concerned that one of the many homeless in the area might have done something to the doorway as we often have to ask them to leave the doorway as they intimidate our clients.

I came into the studio at 9am. This likely happened many hours prior (4+). My question is (and please take it seriously even if im being ridiculous) am I at risk of any diseases (I know HIV would be impossible but what about Hep A, B, or C?) as I opened and unlocked the door and a few minutes later sprayed it down and cleaned it with glass cleaner (wearing gloves for the cleaning but not initially)? IS it possible to to get Hepatitis A, B, or C or anything else in this way? Are the shoes I had on which stepped in the dark stains on the ground something I need to get rid of?

I had the area professionally powerwashed later in the morning so its moot now but I very much need to know - just for my peace of mind. Could I have been exposed to Hep in this way?

Thanks so much for taking the time.
Hep A-no this is spread through contaminated food and water
Hep B- maybe if it were bodily fluids but in this situation highly unlikely
Hep C-it would have to been blood to blood contact(in other words those fluids,if it was blood would have to make their way into your bloodstream-highly unlikely here too

Bleach is the best for a situation like this.I dont think you have anything to worry about.The shoes?I would throw them away if you stepped into any of it(if they were Tennis shoes just wash them)

Can you get a lock for your doorway? Perfect answer if you can