Hepatitis A Community
Hep A Innoculation Side Effect Normal?

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep A Innoculation Side Effect Normal?

I got a Hepatitis A innoculation in the right arm on Monday. On Monday evening, my left arm below the elbow had swollen up to twice the side. It was strangely just a small area, about the side of 7 inches long and 4 inches wide. Went to the doctor who gave the injection, my internist. He said it was tennis elbow. Went to the orthopedic doctor - he said no way was it tennis elbow, it must have come from the injection. Two days later it is still swollen but not as much. Anyone else have any knowledge of such a side effect? Other than that I felt sick, like I was coming down with the flu with chills. And my heart beat faster than normal and I couldn't sleep. Thanks for any insights.
I have had hepA/B injections three times and had no reaction at all.  Maybe you just got a bug on top of it or something. Swelling could be common for any injection I guess - but I wouldn't worry about it much.
if you had the injection in your right arm i see no way that your left arm could have swelled up. it dont make sense.
My experience was similar to nygirl's and would agree with her on fretting too much about it.

I even had a flu vaccine administered during my first A/B shots.
Thanks to everyone who answered. I know, it doesn't make sense, but strangely enough when I told me sister, she said the same thing happened to her! But I don't know if that was the same arm or not. Anyway, it is very odd that the arm was so swollen on that evening.