Hepatitis A vaccine question
Hepatitis A vaccine question

My wife's family lives in the Philippines, in a rural area.   A year ago one of her brother's contracted Hepatitis A--turned yellow, etc. .  We are wondering if vaccinating the other children against Hep A would be a good move --but is it too late?  Aren't they already exposed?  Would a vaccine still be helpful?  Would we want to do a blood test first to show if they already have been exposed?  If they have, would a vaccine still be of use, or would it be useless?
Rob,

It is a good idea to have kids vaccinated against both A and B, anyone with Hep C also should be vaccinated.  They may or may not have been exposed and may of may not have developed antibodies.  If you want, get a hep screen for them and see, else if it was me, yeah I'd get them vaccinated for both A and B.

BTW in Florida and I think most states these vacines are now mandatory for school kids.

Doug
vaccinate, I just did my second about 5 min ago, but can't hurt,and do all the good.