Hepatitis A Community
Hepatitis A&C

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis A&C

I was in the hospital last two month ago for regular medical check up...i was not able to see if the nurse use the new needle on me...but the nurse gave me assurance that the needle is new. she send me message by sms because my mother working at same hospital so i know the nurse personally and yesterday i was in the other hospital because theres no available hepatitis a test in hospital that my mother working...and i got a bad news that im tested positive for hepatitis a.. Im thinking this incident is related to needle issue..

Please guide me for next step shall i do..

theres a possibilities that this is related to the nurse if she didn't change the needle...
2. theres a possibilities the hepatitis a will transmit from needle or blood to blood contact....
I had Hep A when I was 11yo.  It doesn't matter how you got it, for right now, but I can tell you it is highly contagious and you need to get to a doctor right away for treatment.  If you haven't noticed yet, you will have blood in your urine, and yellow fingernails and your eyeballs will be yellow, plus yellow tint to the skin.  Anyone who has been in contact with you, will need to get a Hep A (vitamin) shot to prevent infection.

Since Hep A infects the liver, you will become very sick, and you will need medical assistance immediately.  I was quarantined from being around others for at least six weeks.  I had to have shots, eat starchy foods, and I couldn't be active at all.  I was in the 6th grade '68 and several of my classmates caught Hep A from sharing a drinking fountain...or that was the speculation.  Until you are receiving medical treatment, do not prepare or share food for other people to eat, or care for any sick people.

Hope this helps,
best wishes with your recovery
Thank you very much for your reply

Im asking if it is possible virus will be transfer by needle? or it will be transfer by blood to blood contact?

The hepatitis A Virus can transmit blood to blood contact?

Please answer Thank you
Hi you might want to post in the Hepatitis A Forum if your post is not moved.

It is extremely UNlikely you contracted the Hepatitis A Virus from a needle or blood to blood contact. (Hepatitis C could be but since you have Hepatitis A it is important to understand that Hepatitis A is NOT contracted in the manner which you asked).

Again, I encourage you to post on the Hepatitis A Forum to receive more responses:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hepatitis-A/show/222

☞  Hepatitis A is HAV is acquired by eating food or drinking water that has been contaminated by the faeces of infected individuals ☚

★ Outbreaks can occur in countries where the water supply is
contaminated by sewage.

★ Contamination of shellfish has led to major outbreaks.

★ Close contact with infected individuals can also transmit infection – and this is a particular concern in schools where children may not be careful about handwashing after using the toilet facilities.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/hepatitisa.htm
Hepatitis A is transmitted by the oral/fecal route.   Outbreaks usually occur in restaurants where an employee has it, goes to the bathroom, doesn't wash hands and then touches your food.   You probably tested positive for the Hepatitis A antibody because you had hepatitis A at some point in your life and cleared it.   Ask your doctor to explain the positive hep A test to you.