Hepatitis A Community
Hepatitis and Pregnancy

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis and Pregnancy

I recently had Hep A. How long after recovering from the illness would it take for my sperm count to be normal enough for my wife and I to try for a child.
That is if it gets affected in the first place.

Many Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and welcome!
Hepatitis A is an acute infection of the liver. Hepatitis A is transmitted through ingestion of food or drinks contaminated with stool from an infected person, very rarely through blood transfusions and anal or oral sex.This condition causes loss of appetite, weakness but it does not affect sperm count. The chances of conceiving are the same as in any normal person and person recovered from hepatitis A.I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes!