Heptatitis A booster?
i got my three hepatitis A vaccinations in 1994/1995. the first two were two weeks apart and the third was one year later. it was havrix.
i'm going to the south of india in april and am wondering if i need a booster shot or if the vaccine still works.
if a booster shot is recommended, how long would it extend my immunity?
thanks for your advice.

Havrix single dose should provide protection against hepatitis A for at least a year after the first dose. Nearly 100% of people will develop protective antibodies after a single dose but for long term protection two doses are necessary preferably between 6 and 12 months after the first vaccination, but it may be given up to 36 months after the first vaccination. When the two shots are given at an interval of 6 and 12 months the vaccine may provide immunity for at least 25 years. You will not receive any additional shots. I will advise you to consult a local health care provider and get your doubts clarified. Do keep us posted and write again with more queries. Hope it helps.
Best wishes!