Hepatitis A Community
Hih Sgpt and Sgot

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hih Sgpt and Sgot

Hi sir

I just recieved my complete blood test and found the following results as alarming:

1. SGPT (ALT) = 233.2
2. SGOT (AST) = 140.2

While as The Bilirubin results were Ok ( i believe they are an indicator of a good functionality of the liver)

Total Bilirubin = 1.9
Direct Bilirubin = .89
Indirect Bilirubin = .64

I'm not using any types of drugs (Just a medicine for high pressure) and i do not drink any alcohols. also i never checked for hepatitis before.

now i'm under medicin
before 2mnth i hav hig rate of bilrumin like 9.5
now the bilrumin rate is normal
but the SGPT and SGOT is high
plz give me some sujections.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
When your bilirubin levels were high did you get investigated for hepatitis profile? High levels of SGOT and SGPT can be seen in liver diseases and muscle diseases. Chronic hepatitis C infection can cause mildly elevated liver enzymes. Acute liver disease will cause a marked rise in liver enzymes. Fatty liver can also cause minimal elevation of liver enzymes. The interpretation of elevated AST and ALT levels depends upon the entire clinical evaluation of an individual. It is suggested to consult a doctor and get evaluated. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Hi mem
past 2 month i'm sufering with hepatitis a
now the bilrumin rate is normal
but SGPT and SOGT is confusing one.
now also i'm under the medicin