Hepatitis A Community
How long does Hep A last?

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How long does Hep A last?

I just found out I might have hep a. it's been 8 days and I haven't been able to work.

how long did it last for everyone?

and I already got the first shot of the vaccine a few years ago, just never got the second one. will this affect the duration?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi!
Hepatitis A is a self limiting viral illness. It is an acute infection and is usually cured within 4-6 weeks with no permanent liver damage. Bed rest and maintenance of hydration is important. A strict no fat diet is recommended in such people. Two doses of the vaccine are needed for lasting protection.Usuallly the duration of illness is not affected by not taking the second dose but it may affect the severity of illness. Do write to us again with more queries.
Best wishes!
i just got disgnosed also, about 4 days ago.  i have had FLU symptoms and have not been able to leave bed or the shower.. and its been 10 days for me.   are your flu symptoms starting to subside at all?  i hate to say this but try pot.  i dont normailly smoke but it really works w the nausea and energy.   oh and dont go back to work without making sure you are not contagious.!