Hepatitis A Community
Is a child (teenager) at risk of contracting Hepatitis from father?
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is a child (teenager) at risk of contracting Hepatitis from father?

Hi everybody.

I have a friend whom her father was recently diagnosed with Hepatitis (not sure which hepatitis). Her mother does not carry any Hepatitis virus as far as I know.

According to her, her father contracted the virus from her grandmother (her father's mother). What's the risk that she contract Hepatitis from her father in such a case?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Hi!
Hepatitis B, C, E and G can be transmitted from mother to child .The transmission can occur either in utero or during delivery. Antiviral drugs taken by the mother during pregnancy can help decrease the chances of transmission to the fetus. Hepatitis B is transmitted through contaminated blood, sweat, tears, saliva, semen, saliva, vaginal secretions, menstrual blood and breast milk. I will advise you to confirm his mother’s hepatitis status. If your friend’s mother would had been infected then your friend could possibly have the infection. There is no risk of transmission of this infection from father to daughter. I hope you find this information useful.
Take care and best luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank