Hepatitis A Community
MEDICATION

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

MEDICATION

MY DOCTOR TOOK A BLOOD SAMPLE FOR TESTING BECAUSE OF PAINS ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY STOMACH AND TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF MY STOMACH.  THE RESULTS CAME BACK THAT I HAVE A TOUCH OF HEPATITIS.  I RETURNED TO MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE FOR A SECOND BLOOD TEST AND THE RESULTS WERE THE SAME.  WHEN I ASKED MY DOCTOR WHAT MEDICATION I HAD TO TAKE HE SAID "NONE".  HE SAID THE WAY IT CAME IT WILL GO AWAY.  IS THIS RIGHT????
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and welcome!
Based on the information shared by you there is a possibility that you are suffering from acute viral hepatitis most probably hepatitis A. Hepatitis A is a self limiting viral illness .It is an acute infection and is usually cured within 4-6 weeks with no permanent liver damage. Hepatitis A causes fever, yellowish discoloration of skin and eyes, loss of appetite, joint pains, abdominal pain, and weakness etc.There is no treatment advised for this condition. Bed rest and maintaining good hydration should help. A strict no fat diet is recommended. Avoid oily greasy and fried foods. Do not worry. In case you start having symptoms like severe vomiting, altered behavior you should seek immediate medical help. This is only a presumptive diagnosis. A clinical examination is necessary for accurate diagnosis. Do keep us posted.
Good luck!