Aa
A
A
Close
Permanent Immunity
My father has recently contacted Hepatitis A & his bilurubin count was raised till 18.5, though SGPT & SGOT were 350 & 250 respectively. USG was normal indicating no blockage. He has developed hepatitis about 30 years earlier also. How come he has not been immunised for Hep. A automatically. I also had developed Hepatitis A 10 years back & therefore was not administered vaccination or gamma globin as danger of transmission was ruled out. We had observed care to avoid feco- oral transmission. Is there any chance of my developing Hepatitis A.

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello!
Hepatitis A is an acute viral illness which is usually cured within 4-6 weeks with no permanent liver damage. A person who has hepatitis A infection becomes immune to HAV for the rest of his life once he recovers. In such a person vaccination is not recommended since the person has acquired natural immunity to the infection. You should not fear about the chances of acquiring hepatitis A. Do write to us again with more queries. Take care and good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Permanent Immunity
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources