Hepatitis A Community
SGPT LEVEL : 704 and then 202
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SGPT LEVEL : 704 and then 202

I am a new mother. Gave birth to our child 3 months back. Since delievary I have had severe acidity problems. Even after trying out all tha Antacids this does not go away.

On getting the tests done (on Doctors advice) the SGPT level was found to be 704. Also doctor had given some medicenes and the acidity was gone. My physical condition is perfectly normal. I have normal appetite and do not feel tired. Doctor thought that probably the test was not conducted and asked me to conduct the test again. This time the SGPT level was 202 (thee was a 5 day difference between the two tests).

Doctor says that I have mild hepetitis (hepatitis).

My question is what could have caused my SGPT to be so high ? I am feeding my child. Should I stop feeding her (as I have a fear that she might get ill)? Should I repeat the test (as I am feeling fine). I am 5'7" and weigh 78 Kg (couple of years ago weight was aroung 65 Kg).

Please advice what should I do. Do I have Hep A, B, or C. How serious is this.

Thankyou for the replies.

Meetul